Monday, January 27, 2014

"Cause of death undetermined..."

You could have tied me to a chair, made me watch the RIAA awards and I would have died. Death by Grammys. All I could think of while NOT watching was nice engineer/producer Al Schmitt showing up to (ultimately) receive his 23rd Grammy (a "record"?) and having to sit through all that (c)rap to get it. (I have a box that the Grammys come in, but no award proper.) If films had become as bad as the music scene, you'd see Tyler Perry winning best actor/actress. Even the album that received best jazz vocal is a piece of. . .oh, never mind. (I still  love you, Andy Bey!) If I didn't know any better I'd swear we were living in the final days. MEANWHILE, happy birthday to two of the greatest American musicians of all time, Will Marion Cook and Jerome Kern! Spend the day listening to In Dahomey and Show Boat to celebrate and forget that Macklemore and Lewis ever existed. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

No comments: