Monday, June 27, 2005

Continuing Intermittent Incoherency

A friend just sent me an e-mail, "The 50 Dumbest Things Bush Said in His First Term." But none could top what is perhaps the latest claptrap (and counting) to emanate from the dribbling indistinct palate of the dubya as played back the other day on Jon Stewart, i.e.

"I think about Iraq EVERY day."

Well, doh!

Stewart then posited the image of Boosh walking about with a string tied around his finger:

"Wh wh wh what," he asks himself as he looks at his hand and espies the reminder, "is this here for? Oh, right. . .Iraq."

My initial instinct is usually a distinct sense of embarassment for the guy. But then good sense quickly prevails---or as he probably pronounces it, "per-vails"--- and I realize that the gumby doesn't feel any sense of unease over such gaffes, so why should I? What a doofus!

If it weren't for Jon Stewart, I'd probably have taken the pipe by now.


My web site

No comments: