Monday, May 04, 2009

Recent blog inactivity. . .

I haven't had a chance to do much of anything for the last month but undertake a major re-location to a new dwelling. Harrassed and intimidated by an evil landlord to the point where I had no choice but to cut and run. All because he wanted me out in order to renovate (and perhaps double the rent), but had no intention of giving me the legal relocation fee---a pitiably small $8,000--- that should have been the result of my vacating the premises. Part of the process involved my deaccessing many thousands of LPs and books.

We all have our "price" I suppose, but I gotta tell ya, mine is a lot more than 8 grand. Inasmuch as he is about 6' 5" tall and in his late 50s, my guess is that the actuarials on such physical types would indicate a rather imminent departure from this mortal coil (short people live somewhat longer than tall-uns). Two recent heart attacks in rapid order. Can a third be far behind? Won't be a great loss IMHO. (Cat really brings out the schadenfreude in me.)

Things have begun to settle down now and perhaps I'll be able to give some thought and attention to my blog AND record production once more.

4 comments:

* R e N a * said...

great to have you back :)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Lee Hartsfeld said...

Yikes! Sorry to hear. That puts any bad experiences I've had as a renter in perspective. I'll never complain again.

Welcome back.

Anonymous said...

look like classic AR speakers, Bill.

Good taste!