Saturday, February 11, 2006

The Return of EBTO

More emails to friends recycled (everything but the oink) and blogified:

Dear L: The attached mp3 I just sent you, "Zing Went the Strings of My Heart" (mp3 links for a limited time only), was rec. in 1986 by John Pizzarelli. From his album Sing Sing Sing. But my copy of the song is on a J.P. CD entitled I Like Jersey Best, compiled by writer Will Friedwald, whom I knew when he was in his early twenties and had not yet published a word. I am in communication with him now and he has been quite helpful with several matters. But I don't think he has a clue as to who I am. While I, on the other hand, can even recall dinners of an evening with him in the beautiful Cowhide Room of Roy Rogers Roast Beef overlooking New York's fabulous Times Square. More

No comments: