Sunday, May 30, 2010

Singin' and Swingin' w/ Carole Simpson



1. bell, book and candle
2. Baby
3. And now goodbye
4. When you get to frisco
5. This could be the start of something big
6. A ship sailed
7. Spring in Maine
8. Oh what a night for love
9. Fools
10. What kind of fool
11. you gotta get lucky sometime
12. Bluesville

Singin' and Swingin' has recently been issued in Japan under somewhat dubious circumstances.  I was actually working on an official reissue when this release came along earlier this year and killed the project, which would have meant money for Ms. Simpson. Now, in all likelihood, NO ONE will issue an open and aboveboard copy. I have a rare stereo stereo version of the album (courtesy of A.E.). It's doubtful that even the recent re-release is in stereo. I believe that the isssuers of that version get around legalities by taking extra measures to make certain that the CD is NOT distributed outside of Japan. But it CAN be easily obtained nevertheless. Someone wrote to me recently that they were able to order it from amazon.com/baffin island.

This is just about the best transfer from LP that I've ever made. Save your money. Go with this one as opposed to. . ..

Download available for next 48 hours only

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have I mentioned that these posts have become a wonderfully positive part of my weekly life? These are all treasures!

the jazzman said...

I've heard about this one for a long time. Thanks for the chance to listen.

Anonymous said...

I would truly love to hear your version of Singin' and Swingin'. Would you be kind enough to make it available again for a short time.

Bill Reed said...

It is now available as an SSJ CD, thus I would be engaged in piracy should I upload at this juncture.