Tuesday, July 24, 2012


Don Wolff.com

I'm Don Wolff and I Love Jazz

Sue Raney Interview


Sue Raney has long been one of my most favorite singers & people. I have collected & enjoyed each & every one of her recordings & her new release"LISTEN HERE" is no exception but it is exceptionally great. Sue teams up once again with pianist-arranger Alan Broadbent in this duo recording. Sue continues her individualistic style of story telling with feeling & sensitivity.

One of my favorite but lesser know Sinatra hits is included here-There Used To Be A Ballpark Here written by Joe Raposo & it's as much about life itself as it is about baseball parks. Sue's husband Carmen Fanzone plays the flugelhorn & played with the Redsox & the Cubs. Years ago they recorded "Baseball" with the Bob Florence Group in Ridin' High.

In this interview you will understand my affection for this great artist whose voice has remained beautiful over the years & I strongly recommend you do as I have & LISTEN HERE.





No comments: